Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

MMORPG players may spend a lot of time complaining, but we have a lot to be thankful for. More people than ever before are taking part in our hobby. Most of us have a nice shiny new expansion pack to play with in the game of our choice, while production values and general quality are generally higher than they were four years ago.

Personally, I've got a fair amount to be thankful for as well. I'm enjoying Wrath of the Lich King a lot more than I expected to after playing to 80 in the beta. I've got a great guild, so I'm actually getting to see some of the interesting small group content. I'll probably want a break from WoW at some point in the coming months, but there are three different games that I could envision paying a visit to when that happens.

And, most of all, I'm fortunate enough that I can write 5000 words per week about my favorite hobby and have people voluntarily show up to read my ramblings. It may not be obvious from the amount of time I spend picking apart some small detail of some incentive in some game, but I really appreciate both the games I play/monitor and the opportunity to set up my own little soap box on the internet.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Have a safe trip home for the holidays, wherever your hearth may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated and will not appear until manually approved because the overwhelming majority of such comments are spam. Anonymous commenting has unfortunately been disabled due to the sheer volume of comments that are defeating Google's spam filter.