Sunday, December 27, 2009

How Do You Kill That Which Has No Life Thrice Over?



If having a character at the level cap in an MMORPG is reserved for people who don't have a life, then my lack of life now transcends worlds. Allarond just hit level 65 in LOTRO, marking the first time in my gaming career that I have simultaneously had characters at the level cap in three separate games (WoW, EQ2, LOTRO).

Of course, all such feats are temporary - this edition will last until mid-February, when the latest EQ2 expansion will kick Lyriana from atop that game's throne. I have no idea how common it is for players to pull off this type of feat. For now, though, the deed is done, and that is accomplishment enough.

4 comments:

  1. Um, congrats? ;)

    I guess I've had 2 characters at max level previously; in WoW and (now again) in LotRO. I actually never got my EQ2 character to max level. The one time I almost did the expansion came out and robbed me. I didn't catch up after that, I don't think.

    So, guess this means you're a bigger no-lifer than a game developer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which do ya'll think is higher (or lower depending on your perspective) on the "no-life" scale - multiple games with max toons or multiple max toons per game? I think I'm leaning more towards multiple games, but maybe I'm biased as I just play LOTRO currently and am working my other 2 mains up to the cap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can adjust you place on the "no-life" scale by how long it takes you to hit the level cap. If you hit 65 two days after Mirkwood launched that's a higher rating than two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Doc: My guess would be that alts in the same game are easier because you're using the same game mechanics, and possibly the same support network in terms of twinking stuff from your main or being in the same guild. It certainly seems like multiple capped alts is more common than having capped characters in multiple games.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated and will not appear until manually approved because the overwhelming majority of such comments are spam. Anonymous commenting has unfortunately been disabled due to the sheer volume of comments that are defeating Google's spam filter.