Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PVD Sidelined

I've been sidelined the last few days by the notorious Alienware M11x hinge issue; I was actually preparing to give the little guy a good review until the hinge broke at about the 3 month mark, leaving me without my primary gaming machine. I'll probably post an update if/when the situation is resolved.

The good news is that I've cobbled together a solution to get back into game in the short term.  Unfortunately, because I had just wrapped up a relatively major project in writing a catalog of the Cataclysm old world revamp, I don't really have anything new to report in-game.  I'm not that excited about writing business model analysis on whatever happens to be in the news this week just to put something up on the blog, so things might be quiet here for a bit until I can get re-situated.

In the mean time, may all of your gaming machines find this post in better health than mine.  :)  

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, my main rig also went out last week. I certainly feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your computer troubles GA. You only realise how dependent you are on computer games when something stops you from playing them.

    Do you have access to an older machine in an attic by any chance? A couple of years back I had to rma my graphics card leaving me unable to play modern games for several weeks.To save my sanity I dug out some classic titles from the dawn of gaming that still ran on low spec hardware.Once I got over the ugly factor it turned into a very enjoyable gaming experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh! That's nasty.

    Here's hoping my rig doesn't here there's ComputerFlu going around...

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated and will not appear until manually approved because the overwhelming majority of such comments are spam. Anonymous commenting has unfortunately been disabled due to the sheer volume of comments that are defeating Google's spam filter.