Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions for 2010

This past year's resolutions were largely either finished or blown up before Canada Day. Even so, I enjoy the exercise of planning out my year, so here are my goals for 2010.

Pre-Cataclysm WoW
None of these are especially time-sensitive, so they'll fit in when things are quiet in other games.

1. Get Greenraven, my Horde Warrior, to level 80 and complete some key questlines that may not survive the Cataclysm (notably the Nagrand Thrall/Garrosh story and the Wrathgate).
2. Try to kill Malygos on my mage, to complete the Champion of the Frozen Wastes title.
3. Check out the pre-Cataclysm world events.

LOTRO
My LOTRO subscription runs through March thanks to the Mirkwood pre-order promo, which should get me through the remainder of the Mirkwood launch content and the expansion's first content patch. I may or may not take a hiatus from the game while waiting for the inevitable pre-order promo for the next paid mini-expansion.

4. Finish the quests of Mirkwood on Allarond.
5. Complete as many of the game's epic books as possible. (The entirety of Volume 1, the pre-Moria epic books, are supposed to be soloable as of February's patch.)
6. Level a new Runekeeper alt through the re-vamped leveling content (currently through the Lone Lands, slowly expanding outward in each book patch).

EQ2
EQ2's new expansion arrives in February, so I'll be switching gears to Norrath around the time it arrives.

7. Try to finish Lyriana's fabled epic weapon questline (that's the non-raid version).
8. Bring Lyriana from 80/80 to 90/90 with the new expansion.
9. Possibly mess with one or more alts.

Post-Cataclysm WoW
The Cataclysm is a bit of an X-Factor in my year's plan. I could see myself getting Greenwiz to level 85 in a matter of weeks, declaring victory and going back to other games after a month. Alternately, I could see myself leveling half a dozen different alts as needed to see all of the revamped zones and not bothering with anything else for the rest of the year (presuming that the expansion even comes out this year on schedule - in fairness, probably a safe bet).

10. Get Greenwiz to level 85 with the new expansion.
11. At a minimum, try a Worgen Druid and a Goblin Shaman (the two classes I have the least experience with in retail WoW) through their new starter areas, which always tend to be well-polished.
12. Tourism on one or more other alts (either the new races, or perhaps Cheerydeth the third).

Other Games
13. Watch for developments in FFXIV, possibly trying the game out if I like what I'm hearing.
14. Perhaps try one or more other games - Runes of Magic is probably the only one that jumps out at me, but we'll see.
15. My Christmas haul included a new PS3, and I intend to put it to good use this year. We also got the New Super Mario Bros for the Wii, and I'm having fun carving out some time to play that with my wife. Hopefully that, and/or some other joint gaming tradition (perhaps Rock Band), can continue.

The Blog
I resolved to get to post 400 this year, and made it well past that goal with 266 posts this year.
16. Stick with a reachable goal of 250 posts in 2010.
17. Sadly, my work schedule has made it hard to keep up with my blogroll and commenters. I'd like to do a better job with this next year, but we'll see what time permits.
18. Once again thank all of my readers for putting up with me, and wish all of you the best for the new year.

Take care everyone, and have a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading about your shenanigans, so keep on rocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent resolutions. I am just hoping to reach the Moria content in LOTRO this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to continued reading in 2010.

    Happy New Year!

    Skarlarth and Company
    Medivh

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated and will not appear until manually approved because the overwhelming majority of such comments are spam. Anonymous commenting has unfortunately been disabled due to the sheer volume of comments that are defeating Google's spam filter.