- Diablo III and the first SC2 expansion (called the second game in a "trilogy" so that Bobby Kotick can charge the new game price instead of the expansion price) will be playable. I really am not following either game at this point, so there's not much else I can predict about them.
- Cataclysm's cinematic introduction will make its debut. My guess is that it will finally include gnomes, though I suppose we can't put it entirely past Blizzard to make a point of including Goblins and Worgen over gnomes as a running gag.
- With most of the juicy Cataclysm news out on live servers, PTR's, and the no-NDA beta, WoW news will include discussion of patch 4.1. The patch will include a major feature that has not been announced or discussed publicly (sorry, dance studio).
- Blizzard will have to announce the mystery fourth project (confirmed to be an MMO based on a new IP) if they do not want the event to be widely viewed as a disappointment. My guess is that the new game will be more action-based, will be designed with some form of item shop or other transaction system in mind, and will not be a straight up fantasy setting (perhaps Steampunk, Sci-Fi or Cyberpunk).
- Date MMO-Champion leaks the juicy details: Monday, Oct 18th.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Blizzcon is coming up in just over a week, so time to put predictions that are usually proven wrong to electronic paper is running out. Here are my best guesses for this year's event.