Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SWTOR Ding 50

Aldabaran, my SWTOR trooper, hit level 50 this evening.  SWTOR is now the seventh MMO in which I have reached a current level cap, and this is my 10th character to reach a current level cap.  (Three of those characters have yet to catch up with level cap increases, leaving me with seven max level characters in five games currently.)  All told, I took about 2.5 weeks' worth of gametime beyond the included 30 days to reach the cap.

I was originally going to hold off in favor of working on alts, but I changed my mind because I was close to the cap and having a hard time figuring out how many of my credits I needed to save for when I got there.  (Answer: 110K+ in training alone, and I haven't decided how to spend my commendations versus what item mods to purchase.) 

Meanwhile, the Jeutrémie legacy is sitting at level 6, and currently grants the following benefits:
  • 150 presence (human racial plus 5 companions)
  • All five Companion archetype buffs (1% each HP, accuracy, crit, surge, and 2% healing)
  • Heroic moment ability duration doubled, cooldown reduced by 25%, one Trooper legacy Sticky Grenade per cycle
  • All classes get the trooper/bounty hunter buff (5% endurance)
  • Cyborg race unlocked for Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Sith Inquisitor classes, also additional cosmetic options available
One additional tidbit that is tangentially Legacy related - SWTOR allows cross-faction mail within your legacy (not sure if this is limited to after you unlock the Legacy around level 30).   This means I can use my crewskills - Biochem, Slicing, and Bioanalysis - for the benefit of my alts.  Because SWTOR has NPC gathering missions, I don't need to travel to a mid-level planet to get the materials for mid-level medpacs and implants.  Instead, I can just pay companions to go get the stuff for me, AFK for a while (or sign out) and craft it when I get back. 

Anyway, with these benefits in hand, it's off to work on my first alt, a Sith Warrior.  And perhaps return to the trooper from time to time to blow things up for the Republic and/or credits in support of my Legacy.  The trooper was not a class I was that interested in until I played it, but I'm glad that I did, as its medium range melee/tanking niche was different and fun.   If I'm similarly surprised by other specs, I've got a lot more fun left to have with this game. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Did you enjoy the trooper story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SW, eh? Going Juggernaut or Marauder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shintar: I did. Don't get me wrong, Chapter 1 was stronger than Chapters 2-3, and there were some moral choices that felt tacked on after the fact to create a conflict for LS/DS points (some of which weren't class story specific), but overall I enjoyed it.

    @Magson: Marauder, since the trooper I just capped was Vanguard tank-specced. Liking it so far, though I definitely miss having a bit more range with the Vanguard. Was originally going to be pure dark side, but I ended up feeling like the LS choice was occasionally more evil, so now I'm doing grey.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated and will not appear until manually approved because the overwhelming majority of such comments are spam. Anonymous commenting has unfortunately been disabled due to the sheer volume of comments that are defeating Google's spam filter.