- 1-14: Justicar/Druid/Sentinel (self-healing melee, theoretically tank-capable)
- 15: Warden (healing over time build for rifts)
- 16-21: Shaman/Druid/0 pt Warden (melee DPS with a focus on reactive attacks and healing pet)
- 22: Inquisitor/10 pt Justicar (caster DPS with passive self healing)
- 23-33: Druid/10+ Justicar (melee DPS with ranged abilities and either a healing or a melee pet)
- 31-33: Purifier/2+ pt Sentinel/8 pt Cabalist (single target healer with damage wards, cabalist splash gives a quick damage combo that regenerates a nice chunk of mana)
As Ferrel and Starseeker discuss, this type of role-switching is the defining feature of Rift's soul system. It has its cons as well as its pros, but you have only yourself to blame if you get bored with your first character.